Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First M1 Helmet

Article about: You might have nailed it there. Well done! Rod Yup, well done that man! Best Regards, Andy

?

Default Re: First M1 Helmet

You might have nailed it there. Well done!
    Rod

Yup, well done that man!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: First M1 Helmet

Looks good.Nice catch.Shame its missing the chin strap on the steel shell..
    Does the liner have a makers mark in the crown?If its a postwar Westinghouse micarta one it will have a small label somewhere inside.They are sometimes hard to see!

As for the decal, am i the only one who can see what look like scales or the body of something like a scorpion?I thought also it looked like the DUI of the 160th signal brigade but not likely...

NCA
    ?

Must.type.faster.

?

Quote by nca View Post
    must.type.faster.

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2