Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet

Article about: Greetings, I am by nature a bayonet collector but just hours ago I stumbled upon a front seam fixed bail M1 helmet with liner at a local antique shop. I know just enough to make a bad purcha

Default Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet

Greetings,

I am by nature a bayonet collector but just hours ago I stumbled upon a front seam fixed bail M1 helmet with liner at a local antique shop. I know just enough to make a bad purchase when it comes to helmet collecting so I passed for now and wanted to ask y'all before I proceed. The helmet apppears to me to be in good condition and has what appears to be original straps. However the liner is in rough shape, has a few chunks missing on the front edges but still has old looking liner and headband. Sorry no pics.

Price tag is $40.

I know that front seamed fixed bail helmets are early WW2 production and not the common M1 variants one finds but condition is not the best. I may buy it for my collection but would it be worth trying to flip for a nice bayonet? Is $40 the deal I think it is? What do you think it might be worth? How desirable are fixed bail front seamed helmets to helemt collectors?

As always fellas any help is appreciated.

Pal

Default re: Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet

for that money rip his arm off,even if its not 100% right you ain't gonn'a go far wrong on that price,post pics afterwards if you get it i mean,cheers dave

NCA
    ?

Agreed.Go get it!Id find it very hard to resist at that price.Might even be a rare liner maker....

So I bought it... What do you think? Like I said the liner is pretty shot but still I am hoping that I might be able to trade it for a nice bayonet down the line.

Any idea of fair market value? Don't be afraid to tell me that I blew money. I did get 10% off so I got it for $36....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet   Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet  

Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet   Fixed bail front seam M1 helmet  

?

To start you have a very uncommon liner the SC in the liner means Saint Clair these liner were exparamental liners. very hard to come by even in rough shape. The shell seams to be relatively nice being a fixed bail. I would think together they would be worth maybe 100-125 USD if the liner were better shape it would be a worth alot more.
    Sean F

I would have bought it just because it has my initials on it E. Z.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I knew you were older than me,but i did not know you were in WW2.
    chris

Is it a St Clair liner? I thought the liner band was a button in one? I always stand to be corrected.

?

The liner itself is a st clair I guess there are different style sweatbands that they used

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The liner itself is a st clair I guess there are different style sweatbands that they used
    fair enough maybe the button in's are a transition or mfg grouping with the Hawley type liners?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast