Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fixed bale, front seam - what have I got?

Article about: done well. - pictures follow

Well John yes im with you if you photo the image direct from a published book,however this McCord chart image can like so many thousands of images be retrieved direct from Google,I've also seen many of our good members pics including some of mine end up there too being quite openly displayed,so am i too naturally assume that anyone who wants to use one of my images should somehow find out who the image actually belongs too and contact them for permission?enough said on copyright laws,back to the thread and more so Helmet in question.........

?

Sorry, but at a bare minimum the source should be acknowledged. Everyone else does it is sorry excuse.
    Regards,
    John

I have seen relic M1 fixed bales sell for £50-60 covered in rust, so $85, which currently converts at £56, for a refurbished helmet is not so bad, a great display piece, ideal for reenactments and you know it is a genuine WW2 item.

Cheers
    Harry

The source was not acknowledged on the original post on this forum, i don't really think to ask myself who has the copyright to every picture i see on the internet, i don't have the time and have better things to think about, just thought it would come in handy to someone who collects WW2 militaria but if it offends you then i will remove it.

?

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    The source was not acknowledged on the original post on this forum, i don't really think to ask myself who has the copyright to every picture i see on the internet, i don't have the time and have better things to think about, just thought it would come in handy to someone who collects WW2 militaria but if it offends you then i will remove it.
    No offense meant , just stating the fact someone put a great amount of effort into research and compiled a chart which is most helpful to collectors. . Not unlike when people refer to information in Ken N or Baer's book, a simple acknowledgement of the source should be customary and may enlighten people as to an excellent resource being available. Many of us are tired of seeing our research, pictures, and collections appear elsewhere on the web, without the slightest acknowledgement of the source. It is even much worse when they are used for nefarious purposes.......rant out.
    Regards,
    John

No offence taken, i just saw a picture, not context of source, or where it had come from, it had already be posted previously on the forum so i just reposted it.

Sorry its all my fault I posted the original chart which Harry used so blame me,but I do agree to some extent what John is saying,just a small acknowledgement from where the source origiinally came from wouldn't hurt.so I am guilty,maybe something should be done with regards to this matter of using images from famous authors work being posted here at WRF.

Only just looked at the link that Harry supplied regarding the McCord chart and its not even me haha,oh well I did post the chart elsewhere on here so makes no odds......

aha I did think that, i totally understand the copyright issue i just did not think. I see you have changed your profile picture that M1 is quite tasty.

my birthday treat!!!!!just for you go "H"..............my fav of my Fixed Bale Lids............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast