Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.

Article about: I added this last summer.early Schlueter with ultra rare raised brass buckle,only seen 3 examples to date,usually these are seen with the flat type brass variant,remains of red marking to fr

Default Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.

I added this last summer.early Schlueter with ultra rare raised brass buckle,only seen 3 examples to date,usually these are seen with the flat type brass variant,remains of red marking to front.!i added the 2 inch cargo net and paired it with an early Inland Liner (previously shown).has a nice toned aged look,which i crave,hope you guys like it.!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.   Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.  

Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.   Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.  

Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.   Fixed looped schlueter with red marking to front.  

That's a beauty of a lid Jake it all goes together very nice. The fixed bale picture is interesting as the welding really flattened the bale quite high up. I never knew any of these raised brass buckles made it onto the schleuter helmets. I knew nothing was wasted and it all got used on the next production of helmets and liners (waste not want not) Any idea what the red spot at the front stood for?
    Last edited by Redstalker; 02-06-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Hi Ian to be honest its difficult at best to tell,its certainly period done,regarding the Buckle most raised Buckle stocks were automatically sent to McCords throughout 1942,around early 1943 when Schlueter starting production the flat types was starting to be produced and these seem to be the stocks that were sent there,but somehow a few of the raised types got slung into the mix,in 7 years i've only seen 3 (including this example),another member here had one too.thanks for stopping by...........

MAP
    ?

Now that is a helmet. What character
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah beautiful example Jake, just looks so peaceful now.