Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Front seam has seen better days

Article about: Here's my latest acquisition, the rim's all dented as hell and there are several cracks but it has a lot of character!

?

Default Front seam has seen better days

Here's my latest acquisition, the rim's all dented as hell and there are several cracks but it has a lot of character!
    Front seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better daysFront seam has seen better days

Default Re: Front seam has seen better days

You cant argue the fact this has a great "been there" look! I really like it and think it has good character! Nice looking display you have going aswell

Now thats what I call a true "Battered Bastard of Bastogne"lid......nice post D-Day helmet with bags of character........great purchase.............Jake.

Nice liner.

very nice !

I like the dent. The cracks look like the type on my beater M1 shell. They were sealed up with welds. I wonder if that was a common thing - the stress fractures? They look to be in almost the same places as mine. NH

where did you get it and what did you pay, if you dont mind me asking.

?

I actually got it from ebay along with one of the other rear seamed in the picture and an additional westinghouse liner altogether for $150

Seems like a good deal. Was the westinghouse liner complete and te other pot ww2 or later? Any pictures of them

?

The other liner was a ww2 westinghouse but probably painted black in the kw. and the pot was a nice late rear seamed with original paint. The liner was missing the sweatband,strap,nape all that remain was the khaki suspension. I'll post pics in a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast