Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Front seam helmet

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 Hi Jocke these helmets were repainted and heavily sanded in the late 70's then were put into supply depots where they remained until auctioned off as military job lots...

Default Re: Front seam helmet

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Hi Jocke these helmets were repainted and heavily sanded in the late 70's then were put into supply depots where they remained until auctioned off as military job lots....as they were being phased out with the arrival of the PASGT helmet,these never saw combat use at this stage of there life, so really whether you repaint or leave it the way it is wont have a massive differance on real term value anyway,but please put a US liner in it and some nam era chinstraps to complete it,just looks sorry for itself on its lonesome............best of luck either way.....Jake.
    It still has a little value since the shell is WW2. Repainting it wouldnt be a problem if it was one of those low dome helmets made after 68.

?

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    Im not to sure on the paint it doesn't really have the lime green color from the Vietnam era. It might be a Korean war era thick coat of silica. You could put a net on it and it would look WW2 era.
    The paint looks used, its a lot darker on the top, almost as if someone had used the shell for cocking?
    I actually have a net, but dont get it to fit very good, i will probably order one along with the chinstrap that i agree must be put on!

?

Oh and by the way, I forgot yesterday but at the same place as i bought the liner i also found a net.
    But I dont know if its the right type .
    (Hope you like the toothpick) ;-)

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I have the chart in .jpg format, pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
    Can you send it to me? My email is dannyclapp3@aol.com, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2