Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

front seam M-1 helmet

Article about: i have ww2 front seam helmet i wanted an appraisel for. it is a shlueter pot with a 1952 micarta liner i talked about in another thread. it is swivel bale and i was told it was dated somewhe

Default front seam M-1 helmet

i have ww2 front seam helmet i wanted an appraisel for. it is a shlueter pot with a 1952 micarta liner i talked about in another thread. it is swivel bale and i was told it was dated somewhere in 1943. the heat stamp is 91A with the S below. it has original paint andcork texture. it has the j hook straps. ???????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture front seam M-1 helmet   front seam M-1 helmet  

?

Default Re: front seam m1 helmets

The helmet looks fine, around 43-45 production. Cant tell about the pot straps from the pic, but the liner chinstrap does not belong on an American helmet. The liner sweatband is new, you can check. There will be a date on it at the rear as you wear it, probably amongst some other numbers.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Oh, and welcome to the forum, is it M1 helmets that you collect?
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

yes i mostly collect m1's and have some ww1 us helmets

i will look at the sweat band and will send a picture of the chinstrap. what do u mean about the liner strap?

?

The liner chinstrap. It looks black, either your camera is way off with colour or it's a reproduction. American ones should be russet brown.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

oh, now i get you. i got the liner with a repro so i had a member of my family make one to look nicer. i will be getting a liner and liner chinstrap of the same period soon. i willalao send a pic of the chinstrap because i have no idea on them.

whats it worth?

the helmet we talked about i put a picture up of the straps and the other two pictures in the middle are also of that helmet. but i also have another one that is wierd. it is of the outer pictures. one picture shows the two next to each other. the darker one has a heat stamp of 1053, is a mccord, swivel bale, front seam, and has vietnam straps that are sewn on. i want to know if the straps on the original one are real, dates on both, and if the paint on both is real.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture front seam M-1 helmet   front seam M-1 helmet  

front seam M-1 helmet   front seam M-1 helmet  

front seam M-1 helmet   front seam M-1 helmet  

As the US military was not part of the Axis Forces, I will move this thread to the Western Allies section, Helmets Forum. You will receive more responses there
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Default Re: front seam M-1 helmet

Patches, I'm having difficulty understanding your last post. Could you post one helmet at a time please?
    You may find that some people will be reluctant to give valuations too, so "whats it worth" questions may not get a reply. Also the odd "please" with your requests would not go amiss.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast