Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

front seam M-1 helmet

Article about: i have ww2 front seam helmet i wanted an appraisel for. it is a shlueter pot with a 1952 micarta liner i talked about in another thread. it is swivel bale and i was told it was dated somewhe

Default Re: front seam M-1 helmet

thanks for the advice

on one helmet you said it has Vietnam straps sewn on which would be incorrect in Vietnam they were attached with metal clips. you may be referring to the od#7 I think straps that were sewn on in late WW2. I'd like to see some pictures of the straps where they connect to the bales please.

ok here are your opictures you asked for. thanks for the help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture front seam M-1 helmet   front seam M-1 helmet  

I think those are late WW2. I also see there is a net on the helmet since it has a vietnam liner it was probably re used in the 60's/70's so you should add mitchell cover (they are pretty cheap) since that was standard issue after WW2 and Korea these nets were not used. or you could switch out the liner with a ww2 one whatever you want.

thanks, do you think the paint is original compared to my other one. there is a picture of them together above.

I think it might be original WW2 paint but M1's had a very long service life almost 50 years so they were repainted alot if this one has its only been once.

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2