MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion

Article about: I have had this forever. The chinstraps were replaced, either at the very end of the War or just post War, judging by the fact that the liner, which was with the shell when I bought it, is a

Default Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion

I have had this forever. The chinstraps were replaced, either at the very end of the War or just post War, judging by the fact that the liner, which was with the shell when I bought it, is a Wartime vintage Capac, and the wear on the bales. The 385th MP Battalion was attached to the 3rd ID. It was activated in France in 11/44, originally for railway security. It was involved in the combat operations in the Rhineland Campaign, and was part of the occupation force after the War. This one is a rat, but I like it. Hope you all like it too. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion   Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion  

Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion   Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion  

Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion   Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion  

Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion  

Default Re: Front Seam M1 - 385 Military Police Battalion

Very cool Jim lots of history with it. Thanks for showing.

Eric

I like it,you find some great helmets Jim.
    You must have some great contacts.
    Chris

?

I like it also, it definately has that been there ,seen it all look about it, Chris is right you do have some brilliant contacts, on another note ive just realised this is my 2000th post, boy time does fly

Nice salty lid !