Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals

Article about: Picked this one up last month, a front seam M1-C with a Firestone rigger made liner, complete with a leather chin cup. The shell is id'ed to Sgt. William Chestnut, with his serial number RA

Default Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals

Picked this one up last month, a front seam M1-C with a Firestone rigger made liner, complete with a leather chin cup. The shell is id'ed to Sgt. William Chestnut, with his serial number RA 17239467, a post War number, but it has Glider Infantry decals on each side that I think were applied for the 1946 Victory Parade. These were applied after the shell was repainted. The Firestone rigger made liner is not named. It had decals on both sides which have been removed. I tried to look up Sgt. Chestnut, but was unable to find any information on him. Any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals   Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals  

Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals   Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals  

Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals   Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals  

Beautiful set Jim,nice to see some quality M1's showing here,thanks for sharing.!

These Liners are known as the "jump for Japan" Liners converted in july/August 45 but never happened as the A bombs were dropped instead.!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    These Liners are known as the "jump for Japan" Liners converted in july/August 45 but never happened as the A bombs were dropped instead.!
    Thanks for the information. My Dad was in the Army at the time and preparing for the invasion of Japan. I think that I am here because of that most difficult decision made by President Truman. Jim G.

Yep Main land Japan would have cost millions of US lives.! its a nice set Jim and one i would be proud to own..........

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim. You've certainly been on a helmet spree lately.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I was just advised by a member of the US Militaria Forum that he owned the shell and sold it several years ago and at that time it did not have this liner. One of the interim owners "married" the liner to it, so the decals were not Glider Infantry decals. The liner makes the piece display well, so I will leave the components together. I would love to see what the decals were. Jake, do you have pictures of what the intact decals look like? Best regards, Jim G.

Hi Jim if your referring to original WW2 327 GIR then its the Ace of clubs handed painted on both shell and a Liner with tick donating Battalion.whatever was on your Liner was a post war water transfer decal and wouldn't know but here's a pic of an original shell showing 327 GIR with 1st Battalion.hope this helps a little.

- - ------- - -

And the image is p...... great upload manager.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front Seam M1-C - Firestone Rigger Made Liner - Glider Infantry Decals