MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?

Article about: I was told it was a genuine U.S. Vietnam helmet. I haven't done the research on U.S. Vietnam helmets, but the price was pretty hard to beat and the guy had a number of nice helmets in his bo

Default Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?

I was told it was a genuine U.S. Vietnam helmet. I haven't done the research on U.S. Vietnam helmets, but the price was pretty hard to beat and the guy had a number of nice helmets in his booth.

Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?

?

Yep looks like a nice well worn all original Nam era M1. Congrats! Cheers Sean.

?

The covers are usually maker marked/dated on one of the covers tongues. The liners are usually maker marked/dated on the side of the liner webbing suspension. I suspect though all looks very worn you may struggle getting a clear print. I have no doubt all is correct though. Love these lids! Cheers, Sean.

?

From that little peek under the camo cover it looks like the helmet still has some great finish to it. I agree with the other. This is a very nice 60's-70's look to it. Like mentioned the camo cover will have some date info on the Tan side of it on one of the tongues. Let us know what it says????

Semper Fi
    Phil

I don't see any marks inside the lid at all. I peeled back the tips of the camo inside the lid and found these marks on the camo. I was hesitant to peel the camo all the way off. I also saw no marks on the liner, but didn't want to get to agressive with the webbing / leather. These pics are from my cell phone. But yes, I really like these helmets.

Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?

- - ------- - -

I don't see any marks inside the lid at all. I peeled back the tips of the camo inside the lid and found these marks on the camo. I was hesitant to peel the camo all the way off. I also saw no marks on the liner, but didn't want to get to agressive with the webbing / leather. These pics are from my cell phone. But yes, I really like these helmets.

Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?Genuine U.S. Vietnam Helmet...?

I don't know why that post just doubled up.

?

Yeah thats a typical marking I think the date is just out of sight it will be the last two digits of the year eg. 1972 will be shown as just 72 usually on the same line as the serial number you can see there second from bottom. Cheers sean.

Thanks alot guys.

?

Hey man here is a pic of the marks/date on a cover of mine to compare. Some cover markings vary slightly the date on this one is 1974 so you can see the 74 is on the same line following the DSA number. Regards Sean.

Pulled the tongue back but can't make out a year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast