Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Genuine ww2 unit marked American Airborne M1 Helmet

Article about: That's a bit strange, the attachment is working fine for me. I'll give it another go.

Default Genuine ww2 unit marked American Airborne M1 Helmet

Hi all,
    Can some kind sole tell me what sort of money I should be paying to buy a genuine ww2 unit marked American Airborne M1 Helmet, front seam, fixed bales, genuine netting, full genuine harness with chin cup and Westinghouse fibre lining.
    An all singing all dancing genuine 100% original AIRBORNE Helmet in GOOD CONDITION.

Cheers Kev.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Genuine ww2 unit marked American Airborne M1 Helmet

Skys the limit mate..thats if you can find a 110% rock solid with provenance one.I cant remember the exact price but one sold on ebay us for 5 figures

They're quite pricey and there are perhaps as many 101st Airborne helmet fakes as there are SS fakes. Tread carefully.

Stick to infantry mate there a lot cheaper and a lot more honest,can't remember the last original one for sale its been sooooooooooo long,regards minnie.

It would be more easy when you post pictures

If it's a fake what should I be looking for, I've seen plenty of standard genuine ww2 M1 helmets but not genuine airborne there must be something to set it apart from a fake, repro, copy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Kev.

PS. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

This is the only picture I have of the helmet so far and I'm afraid it doesn't show a great deal of detail. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fibre liner which is made by Westinghouse has the leather chin cup fitted and I thought Westinghouse only produced the liners for the M2's towards the end of the war, so if that's true should'nt it have a webbing chin cup as apposed to a leather one.

Kev.Attachment 414804

Hi kev to be brutal this thread is buried without the pics mate,we need to see what we are discussing otherwise there's just no point.regards minnie.

NCA
    ?

Attachment not showing for me...

No attachment..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast