Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap

Article about: by NickD if it looks like this then the chin strap is not VN era this style was used from the late 70's to the early 80's but the shell might be of the correct era. no, it looks like the fir

Default grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap

I got a rear seam U.S. steel pot today, even had old raggedy straps on it, not rusty , just a little in spots, but for $9.00 I can't complain, now I have somewhere for my viet nam mp liner to go, yeah I know it don't mean much , but for the price I can't complain. it had the # 18031 stamped in front, I'm no expert & don't know what the # signifies, but just glad to have a pot to put my liner in, yes I know I don't have pic's.

Default Re: grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap

for 9:00 i would have bought it too good find!
    Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    for 9:00 i would have bought it too good find!
    Regards,
    Finn
    thank you sir, you know you have my favorite ww2 soldier for your name, Rommel was the man, hilters worst mistake EVER.

got that right my friend, Thats why i have him as my name great man and indeed a great field marshal

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    got that right my friend, Thats why i have him as my name great man and indeed a great field marshal

Regards,
    Finn
    the best field marshal EVER, he is definately in the top 5 army leaders in history. my favorites were, Crazy Horse take that custer LOL, R.e. Lee, stonewall Jackson, Rommel & well can think of a few more, but that is the top of my list.well I gotta give Patton some credit too.

?

some pic's would be nice

with a heat stamp number that long i would say its Vietnam era is it painted a light green with a sandy texture to it ???

Does it have a sewn-on chinstrap or one that is affixed via a metal clip? Either way....$9 is a VERY good deal! Well done!!

Quote by NickD View Post
    some pic's would be nice

with a heat stamp number that long i would say its Vietnam era is it painted a light green with a sandy texture to it ???
    sorry been out of town, it does have a kind of sandy texture, but I think he painted it is a wierd light off green, inside it is dark green & rusty, I did switch it out with my para liner & put my nam cammo cover on it, since he painted it, when the army/navy store gets more o. d. green paint in, I guess I will re-paint it. yeah I know I have no way to put pic's on here. Bravo, yeah man it has the slanted slide on straps, they look old & faded, guess they are nam or later.

?

if the set looks similar to this then its NAM era.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap   grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap  

grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap   grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap  

?

if it looks like this then the chin strap is not VN era this style was used from the late 70's to the early 80's but the shell might be of the correct era.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap   grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap  

grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap   grabbed a rear seam helmet cheap  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast