Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

guys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleas

Article about: Picked up this M1 and liner , looks Canadian to me especially the chinstrap. Shell is rear seam with no marks at all other than gill 200 in marker , Liner is a Firestone with number 10, neck

?

Default guys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleas

Picked up this M1 and liner , looks Canadian to me especially the chinstrap. Shell is rear seam with no marks at all other than gill 200 in marker , Liner is a Firestone with number 10, neckband marked.......neckband helmet liner combat and a DSA number I cant read. Any and all info appreciated Thanks !!!guys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleasguys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleasguys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleasguys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleasguys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleasguys, Is this a late model Canadian M1 helmet , your opinions pleas

?

I see a name, if there is a name and 3 numbers it was used by Canadians, I know in the 70s and 80s we used of SIN as our Service number, so we put our last name and last 3 numbers of the SIN on our equipment.
    DEan O
    Canada

?

Morning Dean there was a few runs of US M 1 helmets produced by the R. J. Stampings company of Smith Falls Ontario and a plant in Quebec for the US military from 1970 to 1976 and they are fairly easily identified by the heat stamp..
    As far as I know we did not manufacture helmet bodies directly for are own use so really the only way to be certain would be provenance , service number and or if it can be proven that it came through the military supply system there are a few E-bay sellers that have purchased large lots of new and used helmets through Canadian Government auctions and sales and these new helmets are only identifiable because of the large shipping crates that they were received in..

Regards Mark

?

True Mark, also I saw many American lids on issue when I was in, some were much older

Dean O

?

Hi Dean yes that is correct I have a few Canadian issued examples with a miss match of different era shells, liners and interior components there really seems to be no rhyme or reason if it worked and fit we would use it as to sweat bands , chinstrap , nape straps etc....

Regards Mark