Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?

Article about: Good grief........... Early WW2 US M-1 fixed loop helmet and liner | eBay Seems to be quite the fashion! Regards, Andy

?

Default Re: Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?

Good grief...........
    Early WW2 US M-1 fixed loop helmet and liner | eBay

Seems to be quite the fashion!

Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Airfix camo!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

But.......

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?   Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

ARVN anybody?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Rust looks quiet fresh Andy. I don’t know how long it would take to get this affect with water trapped there.
    When comes to paint on helmets I find it hard to tell if its old or new which is why i never comment. I wish there was a easy way to test paint. Sometime maybe!
    Heres another camo i picked up today from ebad since we are on this theme. I might post a thread on it with more pictures, its trying to be a jungle camo liner but its not, or its been done for renactment or something. i cant make my mind up. I bought it out of curiosity.

?

painted and aged

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Rust looks quiet fresh Andy. I don’t know how long it would take to get this affect with water trapped there.
    When comes to paint on helmets I find it hard to tell if its old or new which is why i never comment. I wish there was a easy way to test paint. Sometime maybe!
    Heres another camo i picked up today from ebad since we are on this theme. I might post a thread on it with more pictures, its trying to be a jungle camo liner but its not, or its been done for renactment or something. i cant make my mind up. I bought it out of curiosity.

It's not just me then! I find these things curious too. I see yours is trying to be a cammo Westie. I am not suggesting that these things are original field painted cammo for sure, but it is an outside possibility. Probably these things were painted for/by kids as already mentioned, but that's ok, it's part of these things history. I don't see a flood of these things being passed off as original, and the outlandish designs on some of them are just fun, IMO. Some of the ARVN crazy cammo schemes come close to this type of thing though.

Best Regards,

Andy.

PS, HoovieDude.
    Have you had a chance to take a good look at yours yet? Any thoughts?

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yours looks like something done with the post Vietnam era woodland camo pattern and colors in mind.

Quote by plumbob View Post

PS, HoovieDude.
    Have you had a chance to take a good look at yours yet? Any thoughts?
    Here's some close ups. Personally, I don't think it is kids work.

On the subject of painted lids and liners, here are some of my liners..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast