Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?

Article about: Good grief........... Early WW2 US M-1 fixed loop helmet and liner | eBay Seems to be quite the fashion! Regards, Andy

Default Re: Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?

Nice camos Hooverdude that has definitely been a great catch that westy jungle liner. I think you could be correct where would a kid come up with that idea of putting that particular decal on the side. Do you know what the brass badge signifies.
    Rod

I know Hooverdude looks like woodland to me to.
    It,s a late war Westinghouse (brass A washers) kaki webbing with a 70s or 80s sweatband. Which is why i suspect it may have been painted in that era. Its not recent as there is no hint of a smell of paint.
    And it came in a Korean painted and chin strapped front seam swivel bailed lid.
    It might be a Schlueter pot judging from the shape of the spot welds. I cant see a S on it and i can hardly make out heat stamp, all i can make out is maybe a 4 then 5H.
    Anyway heres some more pictures. Hope i am not high jacking this thread but it is a camo themed thread.
    And please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
    All the best
    Rod
    Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?
    Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This?

?

Great stuff HoovieDude. I think I shall have to be a little faster with buy it now next time!

Rod, it's a US Marine EGA, Eagle Globe Anchor. The patch defeats me though.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Andy, the painted insignia has me stumped right now as well. And I have a couple more camo liners enroute.

Rod, the helmet is a McCord, judging by the weld marks. Schlueters weld marks were more circular vs oval in appearance. Neat lid though, and the liner as well. But my thoughts are that it was a married set. Someone just put the liner in it at a later time to complete the look?

But my thoughts are that it was a married set. Someone just put the liner in it at a later time to complete the look?[/QUOTE]
    Yes you could be correct ,but i am leaning towards matching pair that someone has repainted the liner for looks because most of the original paint has chipped off. God only knows when though.
    I will probably keep it a while and then sell it on.
    Thanks guys
    Rod

?

Hope i am not high jacking this thread

Not at all, Rod. I am personally fascinated by the variation in camo liners, field painted, factory or postwar painted. These guys were soldiers first, not artists. Some look very good, and some look awful. But I will mention again, the ARVN take the biscuit for outlandish camo. I just like 'em all! If you have one, post it here.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Navy UDT lid off Iwo. Looks similar in style to the liner originally in question? Wonder how many would say it was done by a child if they were to see it now? Especially with what appears to be a large "S" of the front?

Secondat: Iwo Jima, 65 years ago

?

Quote by HoovieDude View Post
    Navy UDT lid off Iwo. Looks similar in style to the liner originally in question? Wonder how many would say it was done by a child if they were to see it now? Especially with what appears to be a large "S" of the front?

Secondat: Iwo Jima, 65 years ago

Marvelous photo HoovieDude. Let all those with doubts, think again.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

i never said it was done by a child if you read my comment i said maybe done for a child by his dad for him to play soldier !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast