Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hawley Liner?

Article about: Hello! I came upon this helmet and wanted to ask if the Hawley liner looked real, the seller did indicate the repo insignias, d-bales, para straps but did not say the liner was or not.looks

?

Default Hawley Liner?

Hello! I came upon this helmet and wanted to ask if the Hawley liner looked real, the seller did indicate the repo insignias, d-bales, para straps but did not say the liner was or not.looks good?person was asking $180 /
    Hawley Liner?Hawley Liner?Hawley Liner?Hawley Liner?Hawley Liner?Hawley Liner?
    John

?

Description:
    This auction is for a WWII US M1 Helmet with REPAINTED Insignias on it.
    The helmet shell itself is authentic, the Insignias have been REPAINTED post-war
    The D bales on this helmet are reproductions
    Inspection Number 843C
    Fiber Liner Type 1
    Reproduction Paratrooper Y strap

**This is a piece from my fathers extensive collection. He has fallen ill and I have been put in-charge of selling off bits an pieces of his collection. Everything has been appraised and many of my fathers things can be found in the Dday Museum in New Orleans as well as various MCRDs. Please check back often as I will sell things when I am able.
    Here's the original eBay page:
    WWII WW2 US M1 Helmet with Insignias | eBay

?

the liner looks like it was an original fiber liner & looks to have been very professionally remade into an airborne version ?

?

My thoughts exactly!

?

I would buy it for the liner at that price I think you may be able to take the straps off inside, I know At the front made these repro looks for any markings or ink stamps

Well, it looks really good for what it is, but $180 for a made-up helmet is still too much in my opinion. It really depends on what will make you happy!

?

I usually would not buy repo stuff for any reason but I liked the hawley liner.