Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hawley Liner

Article about: Hello everyone, I wanted to share my 2nd pattern Hawley Liner that my dads friend found at a antique store for \\$30 ! He knows my dad and I collect WWII stuff so he offered it to us for what

Default Hawley Liner

Hello everyone, I wanted to share my 2nd pattern Hawley Liner that my dads friend found at a antique store for $30 ! He knows my dad and I collect WWII stuff so he offered it to us for what he paid. The chinstaps broken but I'm not going to be complaining about that. I'm not a helmet collector but this sure is a sweet piece that I'm going to hang on to. I'm looking for a nice front seam fixed bail helmet to pair with this beauty. Maybe in the future I will try to get a camo cover as well.

Hope you like it!
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hawley Liner   Hawley Liner  

Hawley Liner   Hawley Liner  

Hawley Liner  

?

That is a nice Hawley And for that price that is an outstanding pick up. For that price they normally will be falling apart with the rim looking like a mouse had at it,
    Great One John.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Fantastic score!!! And a nice friend

As you said, find a nice front seem shell and a nice net or cover and you have a great rig.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The sound you can hear is my gentle sobbing into my beer glass. A fantastic find for an incredible price. Your Fathers friend should take up picking as a career, he's got the gift!!

Bargain!

I don't recall having seen one like that on a dealers table in the UK let alone in an antique shop

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Well done! John,
    Yep a keeper!

And the laundry mark gives a mere 26 possibilities. What's not to like.

Thanks guys! Its refreshing to get a nice piece at a very low price, finally! Of course my dad and I went to take a look at the same antique shop and we didn't see anything else.

I snagged up a really nice fixed bale to go with the Hawley. The lot # is either 238A or 338A. Not bad for my first American helmet setup
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hawley Liner   Hawley Liner  

Hawley Liner  

Can't argue with this one, Nice! has the brassy chinstrap clips too. Good match up. I'd be stoked too!