Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heat stamp of 98C... date?

Article about: Just read my last post again and it reads like im being cheeky, not meant to be! it was just a wee joke Andy. Best regards Rod

Default Re: Heat stamp of 98C... date?

Just read my last post again and it reads like im being cheeky, not meant to be!
    it was just a wee joke Andy.
    Best regards
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Just read my last post again and it reads like im being cheeky, not meant to be!
    it was just a wee joke Andy.
    Best regards
    Rod
    No probs Rod, understood here exactly.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

these books do vary a lot then andy cos HELMETS OF THE ETO dont show those type of dates,wide range of opinions me thinks,who is correct that is the conundrum,all speculation but all good reading,cheers dave.

?

That's right Dave, those books do diverge on these things. The Oosterman book seems to focus more on the dates the contracts were awarded, and there is not an awful lot about that. Hell, what do us mere mortals know, let the "Uber Experts" slug it out!

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

cheers andy i believe in studying and x examining real tangible evidence,if the item is in front of you then its real regardless of what may or may not be written down in a book,i've just found a postwar liner that well lets just say does not exist well on paper it does not but in the flesh its real enough,trying to put a deal together for it just to prove even the experts may and only a slim may have missed something,cheers dave.

?

That sounds interesting! Keep me in touch mate.

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2