Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

An helmet i just lost

Article about: Hi Because of stupid ebay rules, once outbid, you are not allowed to rebid if you have bids on other items. Altough not really valuable, it smells of history. War period Shell, front seam, f

?

second try at photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An helmet i just lost  

MAP
    ?

Quote by donws2 View Post
    I really hate to be that guy that reopens a dead thread, and I also hate to be that guy that bares bad news but I recently won this same helmet on ebay. However it seems the previous winner felt the need to strip the helmet of liner and chin strap. I was not aware of this previous sell on ebay or that the helmet was gutted by the owner but its a shame none the less. If it's any condolence the helmet is headed to our local Museum here in Walhalla, SC. I'm one of the officers of the board for Patriots Hall and it's the Veterans Museum for Oconee County, South Carolina. I will try my best to recreate what has been undone so the above photo's will be of immense help. your's truely, Donald Sanders.

file:///C:/Users/Donald%20Sanders/Pictures/Hope%20M1%20and%20Rear%20Lug%20IHC/20171113_140255.jpg
    Thanks for the update Donald and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, this does not surprise me. Sometimes people see profits in the parts instead of the history of the helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks MAP, really is sad that some prick decided to bust up a complete helmet set for profit.

MAP
    ?

Quote by donws2 View Post
    Thanks MAP, really is sad that some prick decided to bust up a complete helmet set for profit.
    We see it all the time. Helmets, uniforms, etc. The worst is when photo albums are broken apart.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    We see it all the time. Helmets, uniforms, etc. The worst is when photo albums are broken apart.
    Yep, it stinks, history constantly ruined by idiots after a quick turn over. At least this helmet has now found a deserving home ready for the next generation. Leon.

Everyone's at it nowadays,lost count of how many so called original sets are nearly always conveniently missing there leather chinstrap and sweatband..........Happy new year to all our Forum members.............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Everyone's at it nowadays,lost count of how many so called original sets are nearly always conveniently missing there leather chinstrap and sweatband..........Happy new year to all our Forum members.............
    Yeah, then us "mugs" end up buying these parts to complete the lids torn apart by those tosser's in the first place. Over here in the UK medal dealers really "milk" that one by putting modern copy ribbons on the awards, but always seem to have a decent supply of original ribbons for sale??!!! Get's on my goat! Leon.
    EDIT: Happy New Year to you as well Jake and our fellow gripers!

I'm afraid its no longer a collecting/history hobbie,it's just business now.when purchasing any shell or liner the seller has to price according to what is present etc,in other words a basic Liner on its own actually works out so much more expensive if you have to buy the said items plus shipping to complete it,so its probably better to hold out and try to find a complete one.and yes it get's my goat too.my friend does exactly the same thing with cars,rather than sell as one whole thing he breaks each item down and trebles his money,unfortunatley there's no law against doing this other than maybe the morell issue side.!when buying now you have to know the individual prices of each and every item,otherwise you could be stupidly out of pocket.always remember a dealer first and foremost is a business man aiming to make money.but there not all tied to the same brush and many do still sell as found.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2