Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet M1 Military Police

Article about: I would like an opinion of the friends of the forum and of the experts on this my helmet USA M1 Military Police. The shell has is front seam et swivel bail, then surely WW2, but I see no lot

Default Helmet M1 Military Police

I would like an opinion of the friends of the forum and of the experts on this my helmet USA M1 Military Police. The shell has is front seam et swivel bail, then surely WW2, but I see no lot number.
    On the front there are the classic letters MP surmounted by the symbol First Army.
    The chinstrap has industrial stitching and brass bushings.
    The liner is WW2, it was widely used because it has straps and skin of the headband quite dirty.
    Outside the liner it is painted white, and the paint has partially sfogliata.
    The liner chinstrap is painted white on the outside and has studs "United Carr".
    The liner is manufactured by International Molden Plastic Inc. (IMP).
    I thank in advance all those who dedicate themselves to the helmet a little of their time, best regards from Italy, Giovanni
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet M1 Military Police   Helmet M1 Military Police  

Helmet M1 Military Police   Helmet M1 Military Police  

Well it looks to me like someone has gone to great lengths to ruin what was a totally original wartime fixed looped set,usually multiple paint layers with chips within the usual painted area's then pitted to had age etc,shame to see a set ruined.

my helmet is very similar to this other which is on display at the "Baugnez 44 Historical Center" in Malmedy (Belgium). I've read that the sign of my helmet, if used during WW2, it would not be that of the First Army (because this took shape only from 1950 and before had more background) but rather the 518 Battalion of the Military Police who served the ETO until disabled in 1946 and in 1945 was stationed in Chaudfontaine (Belgium).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet M1 Military Police   Helmet M1 Military Police  

Helmet M1 Military Police  
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet M1 Military Police 

Ok if its original post 1950 then its real,but you came and asked for opinions from forum members and that was only my belief,others may well say something totally differant,that maybe why it has multiple coats of olive drab paint,so yes it may well be authentic.