Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

helmet thinking of buying

Article about: i have found a helmet i got for \\$55. it has fixed bales and supposedly a medic helmet. i was wondering if the medic symbol is real and how much it is worth. it has no liner or chinstraps.

Default Re: helmet thinking of buying

thanks, i have one more question. Rod said something about their possible being camo paint on it? would you be talking about something like this? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images helmet thinking of buying  helmet thinking of buying 

Again another hard one to prove ether way. There would not have been any fixed pattern for all soldiers to follow, It would have been up to the person and colour of paint he had at hand what pattern and shade he painted it.
    I honestly don’t know how you can prove the age of the green paint, perhaps someone else can enlighten us.
    Rod

ok thank you. i bought this seeing that the fixed bales werent tampered with and it looked good. i didnt notice anything abou the medic circle behind the medic symbol or the color diffrence. next thing is to figure out the year. when i get it i will post the heat stamp. do you know how to find dates by heat stamp?

It's a untampered fixed bale helmet (bales that is) the paint as everyone has mentioned was put on top on the rust- post war painted or not it's still a nice piece if the price was right.

I never buy helmets off of the "bay"- I like to have the item in hand before I make an offer- cool to see you got a nice piece.

yes, as i said i ddnt see some of the things others have. i paid $55. i got a complete liner with the green a washers and just need the early straps with the raised bar tht is original.

ok, so here it is. i have posted this pot when i purchased it and have been waiting since i have been away to get it. so i am goin to answer some questions about it and ask some of my own. first off, in the photos attached the red cross as an add on but is ageing with the helmet. you can see that there useed to be a white circle which was probably a medic sign. there are other colors found on the original paint and it has some cork. i have put a IMP liner in it that i have added a repro chinstrap for now. i am waiting for my sweatband and pot chinstraps for the pot. ok, now for my questions. i put pictures of the iside n and i think the numbers are 90C. it is a mccord and i dont have the book helmets of the ETO so i wanted someone to date it for me. secondly how late do you think the red cross was put on? thank you and sorry for the long message. this may be posted on more than one thread so forgive me if you see it more then once.

- - Updated - -

i forgot to add that if you want any other pictures just tell me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet thinking of buying   helmet thinking of buying  

helmet thinking of buying   helmet thinking of buying  

helmet thinking of buying   helmet thinking of buying  

helmet thinking of buying  

i forgot to say if you want any other pics just shout!

?

It looks o.k too me. Looks like the decal has aged with the shell. I dont see any problems but i'm not an expert.
    Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2