Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII

Article about: I picked these up directly from the vet's son. Helmets of Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII. He was a career Army vet serving from 1940-1946 active duty during

Default Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII

I picked these up directly from the vet's son.
    Helmets of Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII.
    He was a career Army vet serving from 1940-1946 active duty during the war.
    After the war he stayed in the reserves until retirement as a Sr. Master Sgt.
    Here is some information from the vets son:
    The helmets were all my Dads. He is a WWII vet (England, Ireland, North Africa, Sicily, and Italy. Came ashore at Anzio). He served in the NY Army Guard and Army Reserves. 36 years total. Retired as an E-8. All the helmets are from his time in the NY Guard. 27th Division. The MP helmet was from his time with the division MP Company. The others all from when he was in the division's tank battalion.

Sadly Sgt. Heusinger passed away but you can see him tell some of his story here on this Youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341QpJFIX9g

Also here is an article about him:
    Bypassing high school, veteran from Buffalo became a lead bugler for Uncle Sam - The Buffalo News

The MP helmet is interesting. It looks like someone used something (it is not crayon) to draw a red stripe around the helmet and the number 27 and the 27th Div logo.

The helmets I received are as follows:
    RS SB MP Helmet heat lot number 1189D
    FS SB Helmet heat lot number 283C (obviously a re purposed former FB)
    3 Helmet liners. One is WWII era and the other two are 50's.

First up is the MP helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII   Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII  

Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII   Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII  

Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII   Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII  

Here is the FS SB.

I really like the liner with this one as it has his rank and 27th on it.

- - ------- - -

Here is the last liner.

I encourage you to watch the video.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII   Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII  

Lastly here is a photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets of Sr, Master Sergeant Earl C. Heusinger, US Army, WWII  

Well done. These should be kept together. Jim G.

Great history indeed and all matching to one person,congrats on acquiring these beautiful Helmets.............

Amazing!

Thank you for the kind comments.

MAP
    ?

I echo Jim...a grouping that needs to stay together. Very nice job preserving the Vets memories.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Cool militaria great M1s