Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help to identify M1 helmets?

Article about: Thank you all very much for all the help I bought the helmets for an ok price! I like them, no matter what time era they are from. I feel like they are a bit of history. Regards Morten

?

Default Help to identify M1 helmets?

Hi,
    Can someone tell me more about these three helmets? The seller claims that they are produced during ww2.? I wonder if the liners is post war?

Thank you
    Morten
    "Sorry for my bad english"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to identify M1 helmets?   Help to identify M1 helmets?  

Last edited by 6bm8; 12-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.

?

Default Re: Help to identify M1 helmets?

from those pic's the webbing in the liners look green to me which if they are then they're 1950's (Korean war era) if that's the case then the shell's should be reissued WW2 versions but we really need better pic's of each helmet to be sure !!

Look in the domes of the liners for the manufacturer's stamps, which sometimes have the dates of manufacture. Also, if there is not a grommet on the front of the liner to which rank devices can be affixed, the liner is definitely post WWII. Front seam shells are definitely WWII vintage. Hope this helps a bit. By the way, I like the one with the Major or Lt. Col. metal rank device. A front on shot of that one would be appreciated. Jim G.

Nice helmets, can I ask what program you used for the pictures.

z4

Hi everyone my name is Chad, and I'm new to this site. Today I bought a M-1 swivel bale helmet and liner. The helmet is a Mc Cord. It has good paint, a front seam, stainless rim. The liner looks like it's in really good condition The leather looks new, but it has a eyelet. I was wondering the year it was made, I know this is difficlut to do. I don't have the book with the chart on page 27. The heat stamp is 1096F

Thanks abunch,
    Chad

?

Hi,

First of all, thank you all for help to identify the helmets. The helmets are not mine but i am considering buying them.

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    Nice helmets, can I ask what program you used for the pictures.

z4
    The pic is taken by the seller so i cant help you. Sorry.

Mvh
    Morten
    Norway

?

I got some new pic today. Do you think they are from the Korean war era?

Thanks..
    Morten

Quote by 6bm8 View Post

Thanks..
    Morten
    ok on the last pic, the short strap in back is either ww2, or Korean war, also the little knob looking things on the sides of the liner is for a snap in leather chin strap, also ww2, or Korea, later liners- Viet nam had 3 aligator teeth clips one in the back & one on each side, it was for a 3 strap neck nape & they didn't have the little knobs on the sides for a leather chin strap holder. I don't have all the stuff I need to take pics, or I would show you one of each, maybe NICK D has pic's of both types.

?

Quote by 6bm8 View Post

Thanks..
    Morten

i cant seem to see any eyelets on the fronts of any of the liners if that's the case then they're all early Vietnam era ?

?

this is a picture of my early Vietnam era liner i don't have any good pics of my Korean war era ones but they're basically the same but they still retain the grommet hole in the front like the WW2 versions hope this helps ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to identify M1 helmets?   Help to identify M1 helmets?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast