Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identifying US M1 liner..?

Article about: from what research i did i think it's a 1958 liner. any additional information would be appreciated EDIT: after some more research I discovered that the webbed chin strap is actually the scr

mrsamsa
    ?

Default Help Identifying US M1 liner..?

from what research i did i think it's a 1958 liner. any additional information would be appreciated

EDIT: after some more research I discovered that the webbed chin strap is actually the scrim band for the pot, modified. It looks like someone cut it down and added buttons to it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying US M1 liner..?   Help Identifying US M1 liner..?  

Help Identifying US M1 liner..?   Help Identifying US M1 liner..?  

Help Identifying US M1 liner..?  
    Last edited by mrsamsa; 02-23-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: Help Identifying US M1 liner..?

Does the liner have a little eyelit hole in the front? If it does its a WWII era liner if not korean and up

?

early VN era M-1 liner

I'm still trying to learn so I have a question. Did the US liners have a chin strap or is this an add on? When I was in 65-67 the chin strap was on the steel pot and the liner did not have one. Maybe my brain cells are leaving me more quickly than I want to admit but thats how I remember it. Good looking liner tho. Thanks, John

WW2 and Korean war helmets did have a leather chinstrap. The later ones did not have a chinstrap, neither did they have the insignia eyelet in the front that the earlier ones did have.

European M1 clones did have leather or webbing chinstraps and sometimes the eyelets.

The helmet liner shown sports an add-on webbing chinstrap that does not look to be original to this helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile

It's an early VN Liner( or you could say post- KW early VN)

Nice looking liner !!

Your research is correct...it is an M58 liner. Lose the weird web chinstrap though.

mrsamsa
    ?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    WW2 and Korean war helmets did have a leather chinstrap. The later ones did not have a chinstrap, neither did they have the insignia eyelet in the front that the earlier ones did have.

European M1 clones did have leather or webbing chinstraps and sometimes the eyelets.

The helmet liner shown sports an add-on webbing chinstrap that does not look to be original to this helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile
    yeah from what i've seen i'm not quite sure where the strap came from, but it fits perfectly on the button snaps on the inside of the liner

?

those button snaps are to hold the leather chin strap these normally have not a cloth one ????

mrsamsa
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    those button snaps are to hold the leather chin strap these normally have not a cloth one ????
    i thought the chin strap was held on by a bale on either side of the steel pot, not the liner?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast