Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help for M1

Article about: Hi everybody friends! Last sunday i found this helmet at a local market...the price wasn't excessive and so I took it. The liner seems to be Vietnam era and it has W24 marking so I think Wes

Default Help for M1

Hi everybody friends!

Last sunday i found this helmet at a local market...the price wasn't excessive and so I took it.
    The liner seems to be Vietnam era and it has W24 marking so I think Westinghouse.
    The Shell....i have some doubts...The colour is a green/dark green, in some areas green more brownish than green apple while the liner is green apple.
    It's a rear seam I think post ww2 it has 4 spots weld at the rear Junction.
    No markings or stamps are found . Only numbers just down the frontal brim .We can see a 1( or the partial part of a M) than a 7 and empty space and a 7 that is not very clear but it is. 1 ( or M) 7 7.
    What do you think about? The shell is Vietnam era? May be a M1-C ? U.S or an euroclone?
    Help me because I red a lot but now I'm in confusion.....
    The photos are made with cell so they aren't good and I beg your pardon for this and for my ''poor'' english...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help for M1   Help for M1  

Help for M1   Help for M1  

Help for M1   Help for M1  

Help for M1  

Can't tell much from the pics but if it is an "M" then 77 it would be a McCord US shell from the 1951 production run during the Korean war,Liner is a p64 duck cotton m1 helmet liner by as you said Westinghouse.

thank you for your helpfullness my friend....yes I can say that the numbers under the brim may be ''half M'' or a 1 and 7 space ( i don'read anything) and another 7 less marked... M7 7 or 17 7...So you think may be Korean era....about the colour?What do you say?Because the shell is dark green and the liner apple green...

Vietnam era repaint,apple green over olive drab,many shells got done during there service life.

May be i have misunderstood or, more probably because my english, I have explained badly:you say that Vietnam era because of apple green over olive drab...but I see the shell no apple green but dark green...or you say so because this dark green colour of the shell is the ''aging'' of the shell ? May be so?