Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Post War M-1 Liner Please

Article about: Anyone that might be able to verify or shed some clearer light on this liner, your input would be greatly appreciate. It wasn’t until I just took these photos and blew them up a bit did I re

Default Help with Post War M-1 Liner Please

Anyone that might be able to verify or shed some clearer light on this liner, your input would be greatly appreciate. It wasn’t until I just took these photos and blew them up a bit did I recognize the “F” that looks to be the same as the Firestone F, so now I am assuming this is a post war Firestone liner however, from reading the incredibly helpful Liner Guide posted, Firestone stop making liners in 1945. My next assumption would be that they started back up again when the post war liners were produced, although I have found nothing to substantiate this.

If anyone has any incite as to the details of this liner, it would be greatly appreciated. Odd is the stamping on the webbing as well, looks to read “EXCESS”.

Thanks for all your help.

Russ & Son

Default Re: Help with Post War M-1 Liner Please

This is indeed a post war liner, vietnam period. Myne is marked with an M.

?

it is indeed a 1960's Firestone made liner, some of the company's that made liners during WW2 did start making them again post war but i don't have any info about when they restarted production to be able to add to the guide section if anyone dose then please feel free to add it thanks.

Hi Russ,
    I have just read this thread and it confirms that i have a Vienam issue helmet, i got it in a deal last sunday. I usually get M1 ww2 helmets but this is my first Nam, It is the same liner you show here with the neck strap on it, it also has the embossed cross and U.S, amd 142, in it.
    so im happy to know it is a 60,s helmet.
    dave.

The liner is issued as a P64,