Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with US Steel Pot

Article about: Can anyone tell me anything about the GI Helmet in this photo and what value it may have. Sorry for the bad pic it is all I have for now.

bsweeney
    ?

Default Help with US Steel Pot

Can anyone tell me anything about the GI Helmet in this photo and what value it may have. Sorry for the bad pic it is all I have for now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with US Steel Pot  

?

Default Re: Help with US Steel Pot

hard to say from 1 pic, but it looks to be a front seamed swivel bale lid as for paint hard to say from that pic but seems ok probably had insignia added,has it a liner ? i bought a front seamed fixed bale for £20 but i think mine was quite cheap, ask for more pics, rgds dave

bsweeney
    ?

Correct liner with khaki webbing, straps are broken. Would it be WWII vintage.

?

I agree with sscrooge,without more& better pics hard to say if it is authentic or not,WWII yes with described liner.

bsweeney
    ?

Here are 3 more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with US Steel Pot   Help with US Steel Pot  

Help with US Steel Pot  

If I remember correctly from my Army days (1960's) somewhere on the webbing of the liner there should be a year stenciled on it.
    Good luck. John

Thumbs up Re: Help with US Steel Pot

I forgot to ask, does the rear of the helmet have a white vertical stripe? All ground combat officer helmets had them in WWII. I have never seen an American officers helmet with Captain's bars or anything else painted on the front in white. Made too good a target.
    I'm not saying it isn't but just that I have never seen it before. Hope you prove me wrong. John

bsweeney
    ?

Here are photos of liner and buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with US Steel Pot   Help with US Steel Pot  

Help with US Steel Pot   Help with US Steel Pot  

Help with US Steel Pot  

?

give this site a look it details US M1 WW2 helmets pretty well so should give you a good idea on the originality of this helmet

Home of the M-1 Helmet

Looks like i could be a vietnam era M1 helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast