Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HELP! What is this M1?

Article about: I purchased this m1 helmet with liner, saying it to be an original ww2 helmet, I'm not sure as the chin strap is iffy. The liner I'm confident as being original (a Mine Safety Appliance line

Default HELP! What is this M1?

I purchased this m1 helmet with liner, saying it to be an original ww2 helmet, I'm not sure as the chin strap is iffy. The liner I'm confident as being original (a Mine Safety Appliance liner.) Please help me identify this, as I have no idea what to think. The helmet has fixed bales and a front seam, but doesn't have a lot number (that I could see.) It has both the during and post war chinstrap snaps, so I'm really confused on that.HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?HELP! What is this M1?

Original pot, early fixed bale. Replaced chin straps but probably wartime. Liner also good.
    John

So the pot is from the war, but somebody replaced the chinstraps? So both sets are original or...? Thanks though!

Original Pot, no one knows when the chin straps were replaced. IMHO during the war, but could be a put together set with replaced chin straps. The color is correct for the period but not good enough photos of stitching and someone with more knowledge would need to comment.
    John

Thank you!