Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice Condition

Article about: I got this pretty nice fixed bale helmet many yeras ago at a local gun show, complete as you see it. It wasn't until recently while browsing the militaria forums that I realized that the lin

?

Default Hood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice Condition

I got this pretty nice fixed bale helmet many yeras ago at a local gun show, complete as you see it. It wasn't until recently while browsing the militaria forums that I realized that the liner was something special. It is a Hood Rubber, low pressure liner with a dark blue vinyl, sweatband. The webbing has no damage or material weakness and the outside paint has about 98% coverage. I was thinking that you supreme experts here might enjoy seeing a pretty nice condition example of this iner variation.

FYI. I am aware that the leather chinstrap, having a black buckle is too late of a vintage for this helmet/liner and I am feverishly looking for a more correct strap to complete this helmet.

BTW. While I am new to this particular forum, I have been collecting WWII militaria for over 35 years and can't wait to start participating actively here.

Bob

Hood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice ConditionHood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice ConditionHood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice ConditionHood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice Condition

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Hood Rubber Low Pressure Liner in Remarkably Nice Condition

Nice lid there!Very desirable HR.
    Best of luck with chinstrap hunt...

?

Very nice early WWII US helmet.

?

very nice & very good condition not easy to come by like this

Very Nice helmet!!! - Nick K

?

Everyone, thanks for the kind words on my helmet. I would like to say I put a lot of extra effort into finding it, but to be honest it was blind luck that the liner was anything special. I guess even a blind squirrel can find a nut occassionally.

Bob

Great helmet. Congrats