Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How Accurate is At The Front's D-bale Paratrooper helmet?

Article about: So this is a repost, but on the right forum. I am looking for a display and reenactment piece. I would like to see the experts pick this helmet's inaccuracies apart. This will help me learn

YES so many colors seem to be off in this helmet! "At the front" promised original WW2 parts, But I Idk if this only pertains to the shell and liner. The sweatband is wrong and the inside of the chin seems to be to dark!

Edit: I found Sweat Bands claiming to be original of the same color that the reproductions had (could they be Fakes) Perhaps people have lost interest?

What do you think of the chin cup?

MAP
    ?

Quote by TylertheTectonic View Post
    YES so many colors seem to be off in this helmet! "At the front" promised original WW2 parts, But I Idk if this only pertains to the shell and liner. The sweatband is wrong and the inside of the chin seems to be to dark!

Edit: I found Sweat Bands claiming to be original of the same color that the reproductions had (could they be Fakes) Perhaps people have lost interest?
    Just give it some time. Others should chime in as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The helmet is a decent display or reanactor helmet. The helmet is not a real D-Loop so I would not pick it apart it is what it is. The helmet was a swivel loop at one time, the cork finish is ok not great. The chinstrap is a reproduction as is all of the liner parts. The sweatband will weather quickly once you wear it during a few reenactments that I guarantee. Anyone who as ever worn a pot on their head during any kind of drills will tell you the band will turn because it will be soaked and funky.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I think I'll make my own?

How Accurate is At The Front's D-bale Paratrooper helmet?How Accurate is At The Front's D-bale Paratrooper helmet?How Accurate is At The Front's D-bale Paratrooper helmet?How Accurate is At The Front's D-bale Paratrooper helmet?

So theres a reproduction chin cup that looks more accurate and a helmet band from an original liner thats looks like the reproduction

Co.b_collectibles does the best examples out there,everything is nicely weathered and aged plus many original parts are used,closest you would ever come to an original for a considerable fraction of the cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2