Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How can I recognize a Korean war M1 helmet?

Article about: Hi, all! I'd like to get a Korean war, possibly combat used, helmet, but actually I don't know the difference between a Korean and a Post Korean/Early Vietnam helmet quite well. Can anyone t

Default Re: How can I recognize a Korean war M1 helmet?

The safest way to tell is a repainted WWII helmet is usually KW (unless it is apple green then it is VN).
    I believe that most KW used helmets were WWII surplus.
    Also some will have the repainted green WWII liner (it is a darker green) or a 50s liner which is almost the same as a WWII liner but has dark green instead of khaki webbing.
    I know they did produce more helmets in the 50s which had the green metal on the chinstraps which were NOT sewn on.
    BUT, you will also see those helmets used in Vietnam.

the shell is ww2 1944 but repainted and reused. the chinstraps are sewn on which i believe was earlier so i thought korean. the liner is micarta 1952. when i picked the pot up it had a vietnam liner in it so i put this in

Sorry Dan having an off day never saw the bartacked straps in the upside pic,yes good KW lid..........Jake

sorry the pictures are like that. i couldnt figure out how to make them right side up from a ipad. i also only gave general photos. if you needed any more just ask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2