Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow

Article about: ok now i know our US M1 forum at the moment is starting to look like an ebay advertizing site,but after all its all about discussion correct,so for your consideration on ebay original(so the

Default How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow

ok now i know our US M1 forum at the moment is starting to look like an ebay advertizing site,but after all its all about discussion correct,so for your consideration on ebay original(so the seller says)2nd division front seam fixed bale etc,with hood rubber(salty)chinstraps cut,blue vinyl headband(i think)with 3 days to go $3500 so far and this because of the matching insignia's on both lid+liner,would any of you pay that much or more most likely for this complete set,me i could buy an original normandy camo for that price,hymm lets hold that thought shall we,cheers dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow   How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow  

?

Default Re: How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow

With the insignia, it's very difficult to tell, and without serious prominance, I personally would avoid it. It looks very, very good though. But so do some of the faked ones. The liner though is spot on, and is very sought after in its own right, (By me in particular ) and is worth a pretty penny, so I would bid to the price of a decent HR liner set, certainly not $3500 though!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

As nice as that one is there is no way i'd drop that much on one helmet.I'd put the money towards some nice old spec de-acs and a heap of field gear!

exactly NCA could buy my dream M16 colt assault rifle and well quite a few more de-acts as well,the list is endless,dave.

You could buy an all correct WWII version of "the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man" for that price. Obviously I am referring to an M1 Garand.

- - Updated - -

And some ammo. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow   How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow  

yes as said by george patton,lovely looking condition too,dave

NCA
    ?

Nice rifle.In this country(uk)you can get one thats welded solid!

I like the 2nd ID lid, it looks spot on to me. I have a few, including these, which demonstrate the variety of the WWII insignia - painted insignia, paper decals (this helmet has a Hawley liner which, sadly, does not has a 2nd ID mark) and water transfer decals (these may be from shortly after the War, but the others are definitely WWII vintage). The one that started this thread is, in my humble opinion, correct, just priced a little too rich for my wallet at this time, or I would be bidding on it as well. Cheers, Jim G.

How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow   How much for a salty combat helmet!!!!wow  

?

For posterity, the eBay lid sold for $3500 or £2257

Jim, simply awesome helmets. I've often wondered about the paper decals, thanks for posting them.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by NCA View Post
    Nice rifle.In this country(uk)you can get one thats welded solid!
    I don't even live there and that pisses me off!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast