Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a curiosity

Article about: what the American army did with helmets m1 after 3 wars they were used ???

?

Default I have a curiosity

what the American army did with helmets m1 after 3 wars they were used ???

?

Default Re: I have a curiosity

After ww2 they kept them and reissued them all the way into the late 50s. After the Korean war they did they same thing. After Vietnam many of the helmets were sold surplus to dealers. A lot of the helmets in the 50s were sold to countries overseas only the shells though. They did not waste much they were either reissued or they were sold

My grandpa told me stories when the Pacific Fleet was headed home, that everything not attached was thrown overboard. Planes, vehicles, and everything else you can imagine under the sun. To the bottom...

?

That is an interesting story Octavian my father when he was buying American helmets in the late 80s they still had ww2 helmets surplus with paper wrapper and all, they came in bins the same as watermelons would come in. stacking as high as they could

Some are still in limited use today. My buddy is in the USCG and he told me that the still have them on some of the ships.

Of coarse its theoretical but some of the members of my group, were all Vets, think a lot of them where repurposed and melted down into steel plating? probably cause of the magnese steel?

A lot of them ended up in places such as the Smith and Edwards lot here in Ogden, Utah.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have a curiosity  
    Attached Images Attached Images I have a curiosity  I have a curiosity  I have a curiosity 

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A lot of them ended up in places such as the Smith and Edwards lot here in Ogden, Utah.
    Sweet Mother!! Ill take 30!

?

Holy! is that an recent picture? I'll risk tetanus and god knows what else to dive in, headfirst! I could spend days walking around there...

Quote by jonobo View Post
    Holy! is that an recent picture? I'll risk tetanus and god knows what else to dive in, headfirst! I could spend days walking around there...
    Smith Edwards Co.
    The country Auto wrecking and metal scrap
    1 (801) 731-1120

3936 N. 2000 West
    Ogden, UT. 84404

I have vacation coming up I think me and the Mrs. are going to be visiting Ogden Utah!! There has to be a D-bale in that pile someplace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast