Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?

Article about: here's an odd looking US made M1 helmet liner, the color of the green paint doesnt look like something used by the US and the liner headband is definitely a non US headband, has reptile patt

Question I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?

here's an odd looking US made M1 helmet liner, the color of the green paint doesnt look like something used by the US and the liner headband is definitely a non US headband, has reptile pattern brown vinyl and the webbing is HBT pattern khaki colored cotton web and has some type of ink stamp in a circle, the color kind of looks like something Ive seen on Iraqi helmets? or possibly used by another country like Israel or Peru?

I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?I wonder where this helmet liner was used? what country used it?

Aik
    ?

US in Vietnam.

Two different liners. Note that the liner rivets look different. The top left hand liner is certainly not on a US soldier and has a larger flat aluminium rivet, which were installed into US made liners by both the Iraqi and the Peruvian army - while the other pics look like a Nam era US liner with “A” washers.. I recall Peruvian liners having a very light brown vinyl type material headband.

Quote by christek View Post
    Two different liners. Note that the liner rivets look different. The top left hand liner is certainly not on a US soldier and has a larger flat aluminium rivet, which were installed into US made liners by both the Iraqi and the Peruvian army - while the other pics look like a Nam era US liner with “A” washers.. I recall Peruvian liners having a very light brown vinyl type material headband.
    it doesnt have A washers, it has the 1972 - 1980's removable webbing that snaps in