MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

im new, can somebody please help with value?

Article about: how much is the seller asking ?

?

Default Re: im new, can somebody please help with value?

the last one looks pretty good if it was my choice that would be the one.

here are some pics from the straps of the D bale helmet. I asked him to have a good look if there is someting if a dimple/dent to see between the bales.
    and about the question on the price of the d-bale, i think i can get it for 175

I dont have more pics of the last fixed bale, but that one is worth the 200?

?

did you ask for better pic's of the bails & the area around the bails ?

well, yes.. he had the last pic in previous still on his notebook. i send him an example picture of the dimple in an email. I asked him to check if anything can be found..
    Dont think it is real because i have 2 bale pictures, and on both i dont see any trace of a dimple

If he sells other military items, I would say that he knows it is a reproduction D bale and is selling it as one at that price.
    Has he said that it is a reproduction or original.
    It is a very good aged reproduction.
    The cross stitching on the straps is wrong to IMO.

Rod

?

i personally would stay away from the D bail shell if he's selling as original & the seller is being a bit vague about the bails them selves but 175€ is not to bad for a good repro D bail helmet as for the second fixed bail M-1 i would say 200€ is a good price that's were i would put my money as unmarked WW2 M-1's are becoming harder to get hold of due to fakers adding insignia/unit markings to try & bump up the value.

The fixed bale is sold allready busy with other negotiation. Will update soon

Okay i got a new helmet. Its not a fixed this time. Not even close, its a rear seam even. But a Schlueter. With this i now have two variant i did not yet have,a rear seam and a Schlueter. The other helmet i have new is a in a rusty condition 28th division helmet.

?

well when you have time please post them

Sure i will. As soon as i receive them i will post some pictures. I can make a new topic with all i have in my collection. Or will change this thread name. Will update soon

(edit: i cannot change the first topic so i will start a new)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast