View Poll Results: Is it worth it ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ?

Article about: Dom.....last bit of advice I'm going to give as I'm even sounding like a broken record to myself..... If you want a WWII helmet then sell this one, for what ever you can get on ebay. With th

Default Re: I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ?

In my opinion, i wouldNt think it was reissued in korea or vietnam because it looks like it has its original chinstraps from ww2, am I right ? and even if it has been reprinted, is it the correct color for a ww2 shell or is it a postwar color ?

?

it has been post war repainted & by the looks of it numerous time still having sewn on chin straps mean nothing i have an M-1 that was still in use right up to the 70's its a late WW2 shell & liner repainted still with sewn on chin straps.

so no the colour is not correct for WW2 as its a post war repaint.

a helmet shell like that would normally sell for around $20 or less at the swap meet / flea market

since you already bought the helmet, I would just add the Vietnam liner you already have and also add a well used faded Vietnam Mitchell helmet cover

then you will have a nice example of a Vietnam era soldiers helmet, lots of WWII shells were used in VN like that one

But I wanted a ww2 helmet not Vietnam, I'm thinking of putting a ww2 net on it and using a Belgian helmet liner, which is identical to a ww2 liner, should I ?

Still here dom?
    Attached Images Attached Images I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ? 

Here's another photo, by the way I asked the guy where he got the helmet & he said that his friends father was in ww2 and he brought is helmet home with him. So his friend asked him if he wanted it, he took it. So if the story is true it would be impossible for it to have been used in any other war besides ww2 right ?, so the paint & chinstraps must be all original

Attachment 393018

I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ?

Look at them both

Quote by Dominick Consolazio View Post
    But I wanted a ww2 helmet not Vietnam, I'm thinking of putting a ww2 net on it and using a Belgian helmet liner, which is identical to a ww2 liner, should I ?
    Then maybe listen to the advice given, especially after it was asked for, and save your money for a good, solid WW2 lid. They are still plentiful, more so the swivel bales. And no, the Belgian post war clone will not suffice as a US produced WW2 liner. Two different animals.

the seller is not telling the truth or somebody didnt tell him the truth, the service number is Post WWII and the type of hook on the chin strap dates from 1945 - 1950's, plus the obvious repaints and no original corked finish

here's a tip, never buy the story, buy the helmet

people trying to make money will make up anything to get you to buy it, especially on ebay

a friend of a friend's father's brother wore it at Guadalcanal, etc, etc

one time I saw a rusty old helmet on ebay and somebody bought it, then a month or two later the same exact helmet shows up on ebay with a story about it being found in a Viet Cong tunnel in Vietnam by a farmer, etc, etc

it was a total lie

Thanks for the reply, the thing is I'm oly 15 & I do not enough money to afford a ww2 shell that is perfect. This shell is close to perfect, the only thing is the paint is starting to come off, and in a way I'm glad it's not perfect, because there's a good chance it saw action, and it just gives it great character, I'm sure if it could speak it would have a lot of great stories of ww2 lol !

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the seller is not telling the truth or somebody didnt tell him the truth, the service number is Post WWII and the type of hook on the chin strap dates from 1945 - 1950's, plus the obvious repaints and no original corked finish

here's a tip, never buy the story, buy the helmet

Chin strap looks original to me, I have another ww2 helmet with the same exact ones, they are the correct color as well. Post war they use a dark green

people trying to make money will make up anything to get you to buy it, especially on ebay

a friend of a friend's father's brother wore it at Guadalcanal, etc, etc

one time I saw a rusty old helmet on ebay and somebody bought it, then a month or two later the same exact helmet shows up on ebay with a story about it being found in a Viet Cong tunnel in Vietnam by a farmer, etc, etc

it was a total lie
    I have another ww2 helmet & the chin straps look the same, it is also the correct color for ww2, post war used a dark green, and they were clipped on to the bale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast