Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Info Please! Schleuter M-1 Shell Production Number Breakdown

Article about: If I’m looking at this correctly, during the short span of time that Schleuter produced its roughly 2,000,000 M-1 Shells the total number came in the following three variations: 1. Fixed Bal

Default Info Please! Schleuter M-1 Shell Production Number Breakdown

If I’m looking at this correctly, during the short span of time that Schleuter produced its roughly 2,000,000 M-1 Shells the total number came in the following three variations:

1. Fixed Bale
    2. Swivel Bale, Front Seam
    3. Rear Seam

Of these three variations, does anyone have a rough breakdown of the production number for each?

Thanks,

Russ

?

Default Re: Info Please! Schleuter M-1 Shell Production Number Breakdown

i don't think that sort of info exists if it does Ive never come across it & its not in any of the books i have.

Default Re: Info Please! Schleuter M-1 Shell Production Number Breakdown

Thanks Nick, I didn't figure this info was available, but I thought I'd ask. I've done some serching on the net, still don't have my referance library filled yet.

Just going by production dates, I'm guessing the the Fixed Bales were the lest produced of the 3 but that's just a guess. Next, I'd probably have to guess that rear seams were the next least produced leaving swivel bale, front seems the most produced, but that is purely speculation on my part.

It's just a curiosity question, more than anything, I don't think the source of the lid or number produced holds much weight to it's collectability as much as the actual history a lid might hold, but that's just my humble opinion and I know it's not shared by many collectors who prefer rarity over history.

Thanks again,

Russ