Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ingersoll m1 helmet

Article about: Well at least thats what i think it is,,,picked up with a westie liner and chin strap, the shell has zero paint a bit of sticky masking tape to remove then nothing but a damp cloth,,some str

Default Ingersoll m1 helmet

Well at least thats what i think it is,,,picked up with a westie liner and chin strap, the shell has zero paint a bit of sticky masking tape to remove then nothing but a damp cloth,,some straps and a liner to pop in, the westie has gone into a front seam pot i have here,,, heat stamp number 1 0452, my first of this period.
    the strap is rather dry seems like it was with this liner for some time.
    Ingersoll m1 helmet
    Ingersoll m1 helmet
    Ingersoll m1 helmet
    Ingersoll m1 helmet
    Ingersoll m1 helmet
    Ingersoll m1 helmet

Blow me you got a olive drab painted steel chinstrap,what a steal steve,slightly salty but still very serviceable indeed,good buy overall bud,liner doesn't look too bad at all,well done either way.

Thanks Jake,,, i like it all, the shell liner and strap although not all together,, so what is so special about the strap buddie, like i say all intact but a little dry i dont want to have to force it onto anything ie an M1 lid rim.

Olive drab metal fittings on M1 liner chinstraps usually seen on early to mid war helmets .cheers Paul