Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.

Article about: These are the sellers images as i missed the postie today,hope you like it.chinstrap is a modern reproduction.

Default Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.

These are the sellers images as i missed the postie today,hope you like it.chinstrap is a modern reproduction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.   Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.  

Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.   Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.  

?

The early rayon webbing is really nice.

Ahhh this is the liner you were telling me about looks really good, have you taken any pics of it yourself yet?

No mate only managed to pick it up today so will do when time allows,shame this thread never really got going like many do,live and hope,thanks for dropping by Ian.

Well thought i would share not one but two Inland high pressure Liners,both produced around september 1942 the period known as the transitional,one type carries Rayon with permanent chinstrap posts while the other is the 2nd pattern with khaki cotton webbing turned in headband ends,and removable chinstrap nipples,note not only are early Inlands rare but a big plus is they support the yellow chemically treated steel A washers too.thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.   Inland Rayon Transitional Liner.  

I will get the discussion going on this one. The rayon suspension liners always look great in any liner but they were prone from stretching so that's why they changed over to the cotton suspensions. The turned in cotton suspension ends look really cool but again became an impractical part of production due to extra material being used and time in producing liners. Jake these are fantastic liners and are definitely on my bucket list for my M1 collection . My problem is I like to collect a lot of different lids from different countries but I have fallen totally head over heels for the M1. I'm selling off a few of my lids and concentrating solely on the M1 from now on

Hi Ian thanks for replying,i know from personally experiance that many collectors only like to acquire complete sets rather than just Liners on there own,for me an example is just that,with or without a steel pot they cannot be ignored or overlooked when they do appear on the open market hence why i try my best to add an example into the collection,especially on the rarer types,and agree to your comments with regards to the cotton material and extra yardage that was salvaged.its very addictive don't you know.

A complete helmet set looks impressive but then you don't see the liner in the helmet and if you put a helmet cover on then you don't see the helmet so I see where you are coming from. I am starting to appreciate that the liners are more varied and numerous in types than the helmet body itself and display quite nicely

Absolutely agree Ian you could display a dozen fixed looped sets regardless if they all supported late war or even postwar Liners and no one would b any wiser except for you,apart from 2 makers of pot and fixed or swivel the Liners certainly make up much more of a challenge.