Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets

Article about: I have had this M1 in my collection for some time and finally was able to acquire a replacement chinstrap for it the chinstrap is of the right style but the lot number is one off which sugge

?

Default Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets

I have had this M1 in my collection for some time and finally was able to acquire a replacement chinstrap for it the chinstrap is of the right style but the lot number is one off which suggests the new one is a second run at the manufacturer
    The best thing about the new chinstrap though were the instructions that were enclosed in the bag as I am still unable to to identify the maker and the right era on this particular M1 I will post it in a different thread for opinions.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets   Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets  

Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets  

Default Re: Instructions for replacing chinstraps on post war M1 helmets

Hi yes post the M1 in another thread and then will be able to tell you what chinstrap would be right for it.....jake

?

This particular style of chinstrap was on the helmet when I purchased it but that is not to say it is the correct one .
    I will post the helmet and liner in a few minutes.

Regards Mark K

Well as you are in Canada and the last producer was R.J.STAMPINGS of QUEBEC then there's a good chance it might be the original chinstrap as these were fitted as standard in 1975 and the above had there last contract in 1976 so that would be correct.....Jake.

?

Thanks for the info Jake I will post the lid and liner shortly.

Regards Mark K