Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Interesting.......

Article about: Good People of the Forum. Below are some photographs of a recent sale on Ebay. I had a very lively conversation with the seller. It sold for £600. May I ask for your opinions? eBay - The UK'

?

Default Re: Interesting.......

Well, to be fair to the seller, the message I sent that brought about that, er, reply was:
    "Why don't you email the poor Bugger that just bought that and tell him it is a fake, as well you know."
    Communication up to that point had been quite cordial.

Best Regards,

Andy

im not surprised andy but to touch on what you stated earlier regarding lids left in normandy,a lot of fixed bales with standard chinstraps were used in conjuntion with a para type 2 liner and medic tape used to keep the liner and shell together.so its fair to say that those shells would have been postwar repainted and most likely put back in to the ground troop cycle most likely for korea.only a guess as d-bales were very short in making up the amount of lids actually needed.hence why alternatives were requested,this is one good thread you started my friend cheers dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    im not surprised andy but to touch on what you stated earlier regarding lids left in normandy,a lot of fixed bales with standard chinstraps were used in conjuntion with a para type 2 liner and medic tape used to keep the liner and shell together.so its fair to say that those shells would have been postwar repainted and most likely put back in to the ground troop cycle most likely for korea.only a guess as d-bales were very short in making up the amount of lids actually needed.hence why alternatives were requested,this is one good thread you started my friend cheers dave.

Sir, I believe you are correct.

Best Regards,

Andy

?

I was doing a little research earlier, and to be fair to the guy, perhaps he did actually believe that thing was real. The reason I have brought this up is this image below. The reverse is also true.
    When I saw that, well you probably know what I thought (not you lot who know where that image is from!)
    And the point?
    I am sure that this has been mentioned many times here, but because of so many Ebay fakes, many, myself included without having the thing "in hand" are likely to dismiss an original if it presented itself.
    That's another reason I hate the fakers.

Just a thought.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting.......  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3