Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Italianwarfront!!!!!!

Article about: This guy just sells items that just have that look about them,here's his latest M1 a Camo 1942 Westy with one of the earliest Fixed Bales ever heatstamp just 26B with the early M17A raised B

Default Italianwarfront!!!!!!

This guy just sells items that just have that look about them,here's his latest M1 a Camo 1942 Westy with one of the earliest Fixed Bales ever heatstamp just 26B with the early M17A raised Brass Buckle chinstrap.....now if someone could lend me a sub...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italianwarfront!!!!!!   Italianwarfront!!!!!!  

Italianwarfront!!!!!!   Italianwarfront!!!!!!  

Italianwarfront!!!!!!  

This Helmet is already at $224 and the auction is only 11 hours young,think its gonna sell highhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

?

Hi Jake thanks for raising the profile of this beautiful example, and it goes without saying that anyone who managed to win this one would be a very lucky fella indeed

Yes Gary indeed very lucky shame it wont be mealso thought I would take the oppotunity of showing both types of McCord stainless steel fixed Bales used during production(two I hear you say)yes two,below are the two types used,p.s this info wasn't found written in books,there's no mention of it but the pictures clearly show a huge differance,the length of the Bale and curve plus the shape of the feet.......not sure of the heatstamp range for these Bales but certainly used in the early months of the M1 production life...........also note where the heatstamp was placed right up to the rim and not on the visor curve......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italianwarfront!!!!!!   Italianwarfront!!!!!!  

?

I do not really trust this dealer, some of there german items are questionable, and I have seen them sell some questionable painted US helmets. Also me and my father have tried bidding on his items to only be beat out by tremendous prices, so I am sure that he has shill bidders. The helmet posted is authentic.

?

Hi Jake ,yes I can definitely see the difference, the top variety looks like a standard version which I am familiar with,sadly I only have one fixed bale and that's a Shlueter and both bales are bit bent.

I would love to have that Camo Westy on my shelf, but like you it won't be me that win's it...dream's are free...M1's are not

Got that right buddy,perhaps James can sub us..............

looks like a good helmet and liner, the only thing that bugs me about it, is the pot chinstrap either they used a different type of material for the early ones or they are repo. it may just be my eye but the weave seems wrong, cant make out those 11 distinctive rows.
    just my opinion remember.
    Rod

The seller is a member of Usmf and a lot was said about a airborne helmet he was selling on eBay.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The sellers name is Georgio and if refering to the 327th glider Helmet it was clearly stated in the listing that "these are heavily faked"so there is no way of telling whether the paint job is period or was done more recently,which in my opinion makes this seller open and honest,the fact that someone armed with this info still went ahead and shelled out $850 is completely down to there own choice.I've followed Georgio for 4 years and have never found anything that would concern me,also to have a 99.5 on a feedback of some 6500,can't be doing much wrong,my fixed bale came from him and was the best Helmet i've purchased,good luck to the winning bidder on this amazing set,but will most likely break the bank........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast