Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Italianwarfront!!!!!!

Article about: This guy just sells items that just have that look about them,here's his latest M1 a Camo 1942 Westy with one of the earliest Fixed Bales ever heatstamp just 26B with the early M17A raised B

?

Jake I as well have been following this M-1 since the day it was listed and IMO it is a good honest lid and liner as to Italian War Front I have them saved to my favorites and keep a fairly close eye on his auctions as his helmets seem to be for the most part top notch he has good feedback and I believe he is an honest seller .
    I do think you are correct this helmet and liner is going to go for silly money but one never knows I have missed out on some decent lids over the years because I made that assumption and did not bid it is currently sitting at about $550.00 Cdn with days to go yet it will be intresting to see were it ends up price wise .

Regards Mark

The problem with Ebay is if the item happens to be on everyone's wish list then your guaranteed one thing which is no matter how bad you want the item someone else with ridiculous amounts of stashed cash will blow you away,my problem is why should you have to pay way over the odds to fulfill a dream,when you know that even a few years down the line if the hobby pans out you will still be short of your original payment if choosing to sell.basicilly if you stay within the realms of "what the item is actually worth" you are never gonna win it,unless its an old toilet that ain't worth s... anyway............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    when you know that even a few years down the line if the hobby pans out you will still be short of your original payment if choosing to sell.basicilly if you stay within the realms of "what the item is actually worth" you are never gonna win it,unless its an old toilet that ain't worth s... anyway............
    If you pass on it and wait a few years, you should be able to get it for a song if the hobby is going the way most are saying anyways.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well Ralph that would be a fantastic news for us collectors.I think the centenary has played a massive part and I've always felt many have only jumped on board so to speak simply to be part of the modern collecting movement,no doubt those without the true inner passion as so many members here have will eventually grow tired of that old Tin Lid and things will start to surface and hopefully in abundance with plenty of choice until another war movie appears and sparks the passion again and restarts the whole collecting circle of life............

?

Just thought I would update the thread I just checked on the M-1 to see were it was sitting and with a day and ten hours left to go it is at $830.00 US way to rich for my blood .

Regards Mark

Well I hate to say "I told you so" but I said it would sell high,told you so Mark.............

?

Yes you did Jake and IMO it has entered the realm of Stupidiam for price I was bidding on this M-1 as I would have loved to add it to my collection but one has to know were to draw the line in the sand as it were to price .
    If I was going to spend that kind of money on another M-1 to add to my collection I would rather put it towards an early Schlueter with a good liner possibly an ETO worn example with a NCO follow me bar on the back would be nice a nice addition

Just thought I would add the link to the Auction for the curious
    US Wwii M 1 Early 26B Stamp Helmet With Super Rare Westighouse Camouflage Liner | eBay

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-01-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Add E-bay link

?

This may be a really silly question as I am not an M1 collector and do not follow the threads on them but why would a soldier camo a liner as opposed to the shell? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Again forgive my ignorance on the subject matter but I had to ask.

?

Good question Doug and one I do not have the answer to this is the third Westy Camo liner I have seen and I know they are deemed quite rare the M-1 it self is a nice early example with the low heat stamp.
    I do not think they produced these liners in large numbers and wonder if they were experimental and or prototypes perhaps Jake or one of the other M-1 collectors will have a few more details and or historical info on these type of liners.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    This may be a really silly question as I am not an M1 collector and do not follow the threads on them but why would a soldier camo a liner as opposed to the shell? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Again forgive my ignorance on the subject matter but I had to ask.
    These were a factory configuration Doug. Westinghouse is said to have made about 800,000 of these liners and repainted about 300,000 to OD green. So, speculation is that there would have been about a half million kicking about. There a lots of period use pictures around, at any rate they are fairly uncommon and somewhat easily faked.
    Regards,
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast