Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!

Article about: This helmet is on ebay,starting price £375,whats the opinion of my fellow forum members?being sold as ww2 paratrooper pathfinder front seam fixed bale,all looks great except its a d-bale?is

Default Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!

This helmet is on ebay,starting price £375,whats the opinion of my fellow forum members?being sold as ww2 paratrooper pathfinder front seam fixed bale,all looks great except its a d-bale?is this genuine probably not,or the best repro useing all original parts,if so the price is steep in my opinion,but looks absolutely top notch on display,cheers dave.Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!

?

Default Re: Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!

A piece of junk repro chin strap wrong type of chin cup bad paint job the list goes on !!!!

?

well i asked the seller whether he's selling it as original or a repro as his description is a little vague

Hello

Many thanks for the interest - this is an all original WWII set .... original helmet, liner, straps and net etc etc

Thank you
    Andy

Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:06:45 -0700
    To:
    Subject: Details about the item: jackthelad1973 sent a message about WWII US Airborne Paratrooper Helmet - original fixed bale shell and liner #180919114666

Dear kubel1943,

hi is this an original set or an aged reproduction ??

nick,after i started the thread the penny dropped,this was sold last year on fleabay £500 that also was the reserve price,the lady selling it said it comes from her late husbands collection,she listed it as ww2 paratrooper helmet,no pathfinder or make of liner,nor d-bale so interest was low,then she was bombarded with questions to the point her lappy nearly fried,and when she said the liner was an INLAND suddenly the price shot up otherwise i dont think it would have hit £200,but ye it was the cricket on a string with that paint job that jogged my brain cells,oh well need something on here as the threads are a bit thin on the ground at the mo,all the best dave.P.S forgot to say she only had 2 feedback score and i saved her in sellers just to be curious about the buyers feedback,and the feedback never came even 2 months after the sale,so that just about says it all.
    Last edited by moaning minnie; 07-04-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add more info

If it was all original then £375 would have been a steal. Always be skeptical of every piece you encounter. Especially those that look too perfect

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    well i asked the seller whether he's selling it as original or a repro as his description is a little vague
    Very vague indeed. If thats a real one, how come the starting price is not £3,750?

Best Regards,

Andy.

Edit:

My God, they must be breeding!

WWII Camo Painted Airborne M2 D Bale w/ Inland Paratrooper Liner | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Its all starting to look a bit too familiar!!!!!!!  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

My God, they must be breeding!

WWII Camo Painted Airborne M2 D Bale w/ Inland Paratrooper Liner | eBay[/QUOTE]
    That one could be real Andy.
    I am going to have the first guess. I think it will go for $6500 and that’s only because of the condition of the bales.
    Anyone else care to have a go!
    Rod

NCA
    ?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    nick,after i started the thread the penny dropped,this was sold last year on fleabay £500 that also was the reserve price,the lady selling it said it comes from her late husbands collection,she listed it as ww2 paratrooper helmet,no pathfinder or make of liner,nor d-bale so interest was low,then she was bombarded with questions to the point her lappy nearly fried,and when she said the liner was an INLAND suddenly the price shot up otherwise i dont think it would have hit £200,but ye it was the cricket on a string with that paint job that jogged my brain cells,oh well need something on here as the threads are a bit thin on the ground at the mo,all the best dave.P.S forgot to say she only had 2 feedback score and i saved her in sellers just to be curious about the buyers feedback,and the feedback never came even 2 months after the sale,so that just about says it all.
    I remember that one...i dont recall the paint job though or the cricket-on-a-string.It was glued to the side of the helmet wasnt it?either that or taped to the chinstrap.Did anyone save any pics of it?

think i got a head of myself,i messaged the seller and he said it had a westinghouse liner so hands up ooops i got it wrong and yes the cricket was taped as stated,but still does'nt alter the fact its a fake,and bare in mind on the sellers feedback under buying he's obtained a few mocked up D-BALES,off other ebayers!!!cheers dave.

?

looks like hes been buying a few repro helmets & a repro cricket from his feedback

Positive feedback rating Super fast payment, Great Comm, fantastic buyer! Thank you!!! A+++
    Member ID 505th82ndairborne ( Feedback score of 2046Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999)
    19-Dec-11 21:26
    WWII M-1C US Airborne Helmet Medic & Paratrooper Liner Front Seam 3-DAY ONLY!! (#220914777419)

Positive feedback rating Great eBayer, instant payment - thank you. Welcome back any time. A++++
    Member ID airbornecricket44 ( Feedback score of 411Teal star icon for Feedback score between 100 to 499)
    15-Dec-11 11:28
    Paratrooper airborne cricket WW2 D-Day Band of Brothers (#280785972494)

Super fast payment, fantastic buyer! Thank you!!! A+++
    Member ID 505th82ndairborne ( Feedback score of 2046Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999)
    14-Feb-12 15:33
    WWII M2 82nd Airborne Helmet 505th Front Seam Paratrooper (#320843926784) --

Positive feedback rating Super fast payment, Awesome buyer. Thank you. A++++
    14-Feb-12 15:33
    WWII M-1C 101st Airborne Helmet 502nd PIR Front Seam Paratrooper Captain (#320843924130)