Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?

Article about: Ok yes another ebay helmet up for discussion(how boring)but wait how does a Nam lid from the mid 60's sell for over wait for it five hundred dollars or £351 now I know all militaria is/has i

Default just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?

Ok yes another ebay helmet up for discussion(how boring)but wait how does a Nam lid from the mid 60's sell for over wait for it five hundred dollars or £351 now I know all militaria is/has increased but even this is slightly higher than the inflation rate so any ideas why so much....am i missing something?...........Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?   just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?  

just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?   just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?  

just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?   just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?  

?

Default Re: just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?

The OD covers are uncommon, I don't like how the helmet rim is stainless steel, yet the rim is not at the front. Even if that didn't bother me, still not worth close to that.

?

I'm glad you started this thread Rudderes as I was going to do the same.
    I see generally that people seem to be pushing the price of Vietnam era stuff. Maybe the price of ww2 items has finally gone beyond the means of the ordinary collector?
    There is certainly something strange going on out there in collectorland.
    In this case possibly a reasonably rare OD cover, made rarer with a Marine Corps stamp? Marine stamped mitch covers have leapt in price recently. Crazy

Andy

PS, I've got one of those, £200.00 to you mate!

just another text book vietnam m1 or is it?

?

On the bay right now, note the days to go.

Andyjust another text book vietnam m1 or is it?

Andy

?

Dang, these prices fluctuate like mad. Mitchell covers were around 10-15GBP last week when I was looking.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Dang, these prices fluctuate like mad. Mitchell covers were around 10-15GBP last week when I was looking.
    I think it's just because it's a Marine issue one. Easy to fake the tags though, and in by crystal ball I see a whole flood of "genuine" ones on the bay soon.............................................. ...........................

Andy

well if it all hangs on the OD cover then we will be here allnight,yes I know they existed period pics show that in korea,but these were never put through the Quarter Masters Corp or the Defence Supply Agency,so they were never standard US kit,but these covers are on ebay for £20 B.I.N so is it purely that stamp mark?because the rest of the helmet has raised more issues with me than the wife......Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    well if it all hangs on the OD cover then we will be here allnight,yes I know they existed period pics show that in korea,but these were never put through the Quarter Masters Corp or the Defence Supply Agency,so they were never standard US kit,but these covers are on ebay for £20 B.I.N so is it purely that stamp mark?because the rest of the helmet has raised more issues with me than the wife......Jake.

The issue I did notice is that it has the green painted buckle fastenings and black anchor stamped buckles, just like the Marine lid I posted a few days ago..........

Andy