Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War era M1C

Article about: Hi guys. Here I have a Korean War era M1C helmet. I purchased the para liner some months ago and have been searching high and low for a suitable steel helmet to pair it up with. Finally I fo

Default Korean War era M1C

Hi guys. Here I have a Korean War era M1C helmet. I purchased the para liner some months ago and have been searching high and low for a suitable steel helmet to pair it up with. Finally I found one and the two look great together. The liner is a surplus Westinghouse liner that was webbed up by CAPAC during the Korean War. The steel body is a McCord manufactured helmet with the stamp mark M-172A. It has the green painted hardware on the straps. Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War era M1C   Korean War era M1C  

Korean War era M1C   Korean War era M1C  

Incredible set Ian,to find any KW McCord with green hardware is tough but one with type 2 airborne straps,is like super rare and the thing that amazes me is as you know Mark Reynosa doesn't mention any Airborne Liners being produced before 1958,and yet its clear and common knowledge that Capac did produce these from factory with the A frames placed seperately with the addition of the extra 4 rivets.between 1951-1955,this is a keeper for sure mate well unless you sell to me of coarse Lol.

There does seem to be big gaps in Reynosa's book on post war M1s. I have seen a lot of M1s and liners being sold and displayed on the web that are not featured in his book. I have another Helmet to show you that has a MWA stamp on the helmet. From what I have read it is a McCord marking but the information on this type of lid is lacking. I will photograph it tonight and put it up

?

In my mind, this is a hard-to-find helmet. I looked all over for a para helmet with green clips and a green buckle, but almost always the clips are green and the buckle is black! If you want to send it my way, please let me know. Great find.

Ha ha this unfortunately is a keeper as I've only ever seen 2 M1C helmets with the green hardware setup