Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War issued M1.

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors,here's a Korean War issued M1 I thought you might like to see from my collection.The hardware is painted olive green which follows the specifications for this era's M1's

?

Default Korean War issued M1.

Hi Fellow collectors,here's a Korean War issued M1 I thought you might like to see from my collection.The hardware is painted olive green which follows the specifications for this era's M1's, the liner is a Westinghouse/ Capac re-isssued for 1951/52, and has D32 under the cross.The Heat stamp is M-184A, The nape band is dated 1967 so possibly a reused item? I look forward to the discussion, thanks for looking Opex.

Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.
    Korean War issued M1.

This McCord is the one that has always eluded me opex,had me chances but with shipping costs etc never got round to it.I presume its a high dome (it looks like it) looks unissued to me hardly any wear at all,the silca has a great patina to it.now how to tell whether this is from the 51 or 58 batch?answers on a post card,because both production runs were high dome the same as WW2 spec however the green cast buckle resembles the later shape rather than the true KW 51 buckle,so who knows for sure,there just isn't the info out there to go by,many grey areas and the liner looks in very good condition too but where's the olive textured paint?but still a very nice display piece indeed and thanks for sharing,all the best for 2014..........

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    This McCord is the one that has always eluded me opex,had me chances but with shipping costs etc never got round to it.I presume its a high dome (it looks like it) looks unissued to me hardly any wear at all,the silca has a great patina to it.now how to tell whether this is from the 51 or 58 batch?answers on a post card,because both production runs were high dome the same as WW2 spec however the green cast buckle resembles the later shape rather than the true KW 51 buckle,so who knows for sure,there just isn't the info out there to go by,many grey areas and the liner looks in very good condition too but where's the olive textured paint?but still a very nice display piece indeed and thanks for sharing,all the best for 2014..........
    Hi Jake, thanks for looking and for your comments, I bought this one years ago and was sold/described as a Vietnam era M1 but knew differently at that time. I believe it is a high dome, very much along the lines of the late rear seam WW2 shells profile. The shell has some marks and some surface rust, but I agree the patina is great. I can only assume by the M prefix heatstamp it is a Korean war issue shell, and the liner goes without saying. It's the only piece I own that has the green painted hardware so have always been pleased to have it in my collection. What happened to the outer paint on the liner is unknown, I have a few VN era liners and they are shredding or have shed the paint, maybe a bad batch ????

Have a great end of 2013,and a healthy and happy 2014 buddy

Thanx matey,The reason I asked about the high dome is because McCords final contract was issued in 1965 along with Ingersolls first which would have been there only shallow dome produced Helmet also they still used the M prefix so thats the reason I asked,there's another thread regarding the colour of the liner A washers however I've since found out that Black was the more common type as I have one with Green painted,so I never added that to my original response,still luv the lid,if ever selling think of me.....

?

Hi Jake, it is frustrating the lack of info out there regarding Korean War issue M1's, I get my info from books, specifically Mark .A. Reynosa, according to his writings, the KW issue shells had the olive green painted chinstrap fittings. If I ever do need to move it on I would be happy to send it your way as I know it would go to a passionate collector.