Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Korean War M1 Covers

Article about: I was searching the internet this morning for photos of the olive drab helmet cover in use during the Korean War, and I came across this site: Korean War Photo Page There are plenty of photo

?

Default Korean War M1 Covers

I was searching the internet this morning for photos of the olive drab helmet cover in use during the Korean War, and I came across this site:

Korean War Photo Page

There are plenty of photos of covers, but they are burlap/hessian. I've never associated this kind of cover with the Korean conflict, or seen any before, so I thought I'd post the link. Some look neat and tidy, and some are er, not so. :-) Another idea for a display perhaps? Anyway, loads more photos at the site.

Andy

Korean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 Covers

Best Regards,

Andy

?

Default Re: Korean War M1 Covers

I think it was these in some of the photos: US Vietnam Early Olive Drab M1 Helmet Camo Cover | eBay

Martin

?

Looks like they have just used cut up sand bags!

?

I've just noticed on the first photo how the soldier is storing his clips. Interesting method.

Martin

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    I've just noticed on the first photo how the soldier is storing his clips. Interesting method.

Martin
    And the guy in the one but last, with a grenade on his "shooting" shoulder, as he's holding his rifle right handed.
    Posed for the girl back home I think!

Andy

?

I think it was these in some of the photos: US Vietnam Early Olive Drab M1 Helmet Camo Cover | eBay

Martin
    Thanks Martin, it happens that one of those is already on it's way to me right now. That's why I was looking for the photos,
    to put alongside mine when I photograph and log it.
    There seemed to be plenty of these O/D covers about a few years ago, but they are getting scarce now. The annoying thing is that I
    had one a while back, but I seem to have lost the thing while moving house. It'll probably show up when the other one arrives.

Andy

Martin
    Pretty common method for storing extra ammo. I think the idea was to use the ammo stored like this after using up all the rnds in the cartridge belt/ under emergency situations only. Plus, it has that cool gung-ho, John Wayne look to it...

?

After a few hours looking at Korean War era photos online, I noticed many soldiers wearing a hood under their helmet. Korean era hoods are really cheap, so I invested in one to try out with a helmet I have. I think it really enhances the display, I was quite surprised at how good it looks. What do you think? Comments? Criticisms?

AndyKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 CoversKorean War M1 Covers

Andy

Very cool, Andy! ... Literally! Makes me think of Marines enduring the freezing temperatures at Chosin Reservoir.

Now that looks good Andy it really enhances the whole display thingy,think you've started a new trend must keep my eyes open for one i think....Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast