Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War M1 helmet

Article about: Here I have a McCord 1241D which I date to March 45. The liner is a Micarta Westinghouse 1952/1953 hard to tell. I have the M-Q1 cold weather field cap paired with it for display reasons. Th

Default Korean War M1 helmet

Here I have a McCord 1241D which I date to March 45. The liner is a Micarta Westinghouse 1952/1953 hard to tell. I have the M-Q1 cold weather field cap paired with it for display reasons. The cover I made from a period 50's surplus sandbag. It took me some time to get it to look like that as it was originally a dark green. Many months of leaving it out on the washing line exposed to the the great British weather and jumping on it dragging it around my yard 😂😂😂 my wife thinks I'm crazy and I'm starting to believe her 💁🏻. Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War M1 helmet   Korean War M1 helmet  

Korean War M1 helmet   Korean War M1 helmet  

?

Thumbs up

Very nice , love the improvised hessian cover!

What's a good price for one like this? I found one at an antique shop locally today, but was unsure of the price being on target. Don't recall what they were asking though, but it didn't seem too much.

Another nice set,the hessian looks great,just to add the chinstraps had late war T1 replacement hardware,and the leather chinstrap isn't KW period its from the p55 none front eyelet program Liner 1955-1963.i like its overall look.

youv'e put a lot of time and effort into this cover ian ,the results speak for themselves

?

I love it! I have always liked the look, and congrats to you for making it happen.